I am an experienced faculty developer, instructor, instructional designer, course developer, and program director with nearly 15 years experience in the field of online learning. I currently serve as Director at the Faculty Development and Instructional Design Center at Northern Illinois University. I provide leadership and central coordination for the Office of the Provost on various aspects of online learning at NIU. I also work closely with my colleagues in the Faculty Development and Instructional Design Center to address faculty needs related to online teaching.
My responsibilities include:
- facilitating partnerships with external and internal infrastructure providers
- streamlining distributed learning support services offered by various campus units
- assisting academic units with their curricular needs for implementing marketable distributed learning programs
- researching and coordinating the development of institutional policies, quality standards and technology resources to support distributed learning needs and growth
- managing staff, budgets, and web resources
- coordinating faculty training and support on distributed learning pedagogies
- serving on committees related to distributed learning
- handling other duties for the Office of the Provost as assigned
Previously I served as the Assistant Director of the Faculty Development and Instructional Design Center at NIU was I responsible for developing and offering training programs and support for faculty and staff on teaching with technology and related topics, providing leadership on technology-related issues, and performing supervisory functions at the Center.
I enjoy sharing my expertise designing and teaching online and blended courses with others.