Programs & Services
ITO’s programs emphasize active learning methodologies to maximize learner participation. Participatory processes are built into the training design and implemented through a learner-centered training approach.
Philippine Youth Leadership Program
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs U. S. Department of State through Northern Illinois University (DeKalb, U.S.A,) in partnership with the FILIPINO FOUNDATION, INC. will conduct the 13th Philippine Youth Leadership Program: Engaging Young Advocates in Environmental Preservation & Peacebuilding.
PYLP13 will bring to NIU 24 secondary school students and four adult leaders from diverse spectrums (ethnic, religious, geographic) of the autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao and surrounding areas to participate in an intensive four-week U.S. exchange program from April 9 to May 6, 2016. focusing on the central theme of civic education, leadership development, respect for diversity and community engagement. The sub-themes will be environmental awareness and peacebuilding, recognizing that the Muslim, Christian and indigenous youth of Mindanao are centrally important to building a new future for this conflict-torn area of the Philippines.
PYLP 13 will focus on creating a cadre of leaders with strong sense of civic responsibility and commitment to community development, with specific understanding of global importance of environmental advocacy and the role of youth as agents of ecological change. This proposed program not only provides new knowledge and experience to the 28 participants but also prepares them for a lifetime of leadership and community service in Mindanao. The exchange program will take place in DeKalb, the Chicago area and in Washington, D.C.
- Designs high-impact, innovative, responsive, and flexible programs that are tailored to clients’ professional needs.
- Draws upon the expertise of faculty resources for on-site field training programs.
- Facilitates in-country consultation services for client organizations worldwide.
- Provides opportunities for exchanging ideas and networking with peer professionals from around the world.
- Provides a dynamic learning environment with a college town atmosphere.
- Offers a safe, comfortable and cost-effective living accommodation for training participants.
- Proximity to Chicago allows access to the diverse resources of business, nonprofit organizations, and governmental agencies.