Programs & Services
ITO’s programs emphasize active learning methodologies to maximize learner participation. Participatory processes are built into the training design and implemented through a learner-centered training approach.
Future Leaders of Indonesia Program
“The Future Leaders of Indonesia Program” The Future Leaders of Indonesia Program (FLIP) brings to the International Training Office of Northern Illinois University 16 youth and adult leaders from Indonesia from September 16 to 30, 2012.
Philippine Youth Leadership Program
“Philippine Youth Leadership Program” The Philippine Youth Leadership Program (PYLP) brings to Northern Illinois University (NIU) 24 Muslim and non-Muslim youth and 4 adult leaders from the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) and surrounding areas from April 13 to May 11, 2013. NIU will deliver an intensive four-week U.S. exchange program focusing on the central themes of civic education, leadership, respect for diversity, and community engagement. The theme for the program is “Environmental Leadership in the Philippines: Developing Youth as Agents of Change and Ecological Activism”.
- Designs high-impact, innovative, responsive, and flexible programs that are tailored to clients’ professional needs.
- Draws upon the expertise of faculty resources for on-site field training programs.
- Facilitates in-country consultation services for client organizations worldwide.
- Provides opportunities for exchanging ideas and networking with peer professionals from around the world.
- Provides a dynamic learning environment with a college town atmosphere.
- Offers a safe, comfortable and cost-effective living accommodation for training participants.
- Proximity to Chicago allows access to the diverse resources of business, nonprofit organizations, and governmental agencies.