Name: Degree(s): Date of Graduation: (Optional)
1. What have you been doing since graduation? If you have been working, please list the position(s) you have held and with which companies. If you have been in graduate school, please state where, what you have been studying and any degrees you have received.
2. Overall, how well did your education prepare you for what you have been doing since graduation? Which group of courses was most beneficial-General Education, Basic math and Sciences, or Industrial Engineering?
3. What specific changes in the curriculum of the Industrial Engineering/Manufacturing Systems Department would you suggest to improve future graduates? For example, what should have more emphasis? What should have less emphasis? What general changes are needed?
4. The programs in Industrial and Systems Engineering currently have the following educational objectives: Please indicate your level of agreement with these objectives by circling the appropriate number. (1 = strongly disagree, 2 = disagree, 3 = neutral, 4 = agree, 5 = strongly agree)
The objectives of the Industrial Engineering / Manufacturing Systems programs are:
Our undergraduate program will provide students with the knowledge, skills and tools:
a. To model people-technology systems using the techniques of mathematics, Science and engineering
1 2 3 4 5
b. To design potential solutions to problems and evaluate the consequences of their solutions in the broader context of the organization, society and the environment
1 2 3 4 5
c. To effectively communicate the benefits of their proposed solutions using written, oral and electronic media
d. To function effectively and provide leadership within an organization as a professional and ethical member of society, including the ability to facilitate and participate in multidisciplinary teams
1 2 3 4 5
e. To initiate and complete self-directed learning for professional and personal development, especially with respect to contemporary issues
1 2 3 4 5 In addition to the above objectives, the Manufacturing Systems program adopted the following objective:
f. To provide students with fundamentals of materials, manufacturing processes, assembly and product engineering technologies
1 2 3 4 5
5. Please suggest any additional or alternative objectives that we should consider adopting.
6. Please rate how well the curriculum of the ISYE department provided you with each of the following. (1 = not at all, 5 = very well)
a. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
b. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data . 1 2 3 4 5
c. An ability to design a system component or process to meet design needs
1 2 3 4 5
d. An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams 1 2 3 4 5
e. An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems 1 2 3 4 5
f. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility 1 2 3 4 5
g. An ability to communicate effectively 1 2 3 4 5
h. A broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and social context.
i. A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in, life-long learning
j. A knowledge of contemporary issues 1 2 3 4 5
k. An ability to use the techniques, skills and the modern engineering tools necessary for engineering 1 2 3 4 5
Additional outcomes specific to the Manufacturing Systems program:
l. An ability to understand the behavior and properties of materials
m. An ability to measure process variables and make technical inferences about the manufacturing processes involved 1 2 3 4 5
7. Are you now in graduate school?
8. Do you feel that the programs have prepared you to pursue graduate studies?
College of Engineering & Engineering Technology, DeKalb, IL 60115Phone (815) 753-1442 | email@example.com