Students Eligible to work

If you are an F-1 student, and you are maintaining your Immigration Status (which means following the Rules and Regulations of the Immigration Service), you may work on campus once you enroll for your first semester, J-1 students may work under certain circumstances. Student workers on campus are permitted to work 20 hours per week during the semester; during school breaks full-time work is permitted. Please make an appointment at the ISFO for questions about working.

Student Employment Office

The Student Employment Office, on the second floor of Swen Parson Hall will provide you with information about finding a student job on-campus after your arrival and class registration.  You may also wish to inquire at Student Housing and Dining Services and at the Founders Library. The computer labs on campus sometimes hire student workers, as well. For graduate students, the Graduate School in Adams Hall maintains a list of any available graduate assistantships.

Need an Assistantship?

Tips for Graduate Students Seeking Assistantships