(for all newly admitted graduate & undergraduate students)
- Fall 2013 Orientation: 8:30 a.m. Monday,Aug.19, 2013 through Friday,Aug.23, 2013.
- Check in at Sandburg Auditorium, Holmes Student Center, on Monday, Aug.19, 2013, for Orientation
- Tentative Fall 2013 Orientation Program
The International Student and Faculty Office has scheduled an orientation procedure for newly admitted international students to NIU. As a new international student at Northern Illinois University, you need to attend Orientation prior to the start of your first semester.
Orientation for international students starts one week before classes begin and continues through the entire week. During this very important week we will provide you with valuable information about how Northern Illinois University operates.
Orientation events include:
- Registering for classes
- Meet with your academic advisors
- Learn about Regulations pertaining to your immigration status
- Get NIU student I.D
- Receive Information on the University Libraries, Student Health Insurance, Health Service and more.
- Receive Information on Applying for a Social Security Number
At Orientation you will also meet other students who are new to or currently attending NIU. Orientation will answer many questions you might have and will save you significant confusion.
All new students must report to the International Student and Faculty Office before or during orientation week with visa, I-94,passport, I-20 or DS2019 and any other documents relevant to the stay in the U.S.
International Student & Faculty Office
Williston Hall Room 406
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
Phone: (815) 753-1346
Fax: (815) 753-1488
Office hours during the school year
8:00 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday, unless otherwise posted.
Office hours during summer break
7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 – 5:30 p.m.
Monday – Thursday, unless otherwise posted.