Support for K-12 teachers
Econ Illinois, through its network of statewide Centers for Economic Education, offers teachers and school districts:
- quality professional development programs on economics and personal finance for K-12 teachers (programs provide graduate credit, CEU credit or CPDU credit)
- curriculum resources that integrate the teaching of fundamental economics and personal finance concepts and skills across the curriculum
- curriculum consulting to assist schools in developing a comprehensive and sequential curriculum for economics and personal finance
- connection of all programs/materials to state standards in reading, math, and social sciences, as well as technology skills
- student programs that enhance classroom learning
- recognition programs for outstanding teachers
Web resources are relevant and help make teaching effective and engaging! Within each student program and professional development program, resources provide support and classroom content for the teacher.
Programs made possible by funding to Econ Illinois allow teachers to engage their students in challenging opportunities to grow and show their knowledge of economics and financial literacy.
Professional Development opportunities allow Illinois educators to enhance their skill at teaching students principles of economics and financial literacy, as well as share their newfound knowledge with other educators.