On-Site and Webinar Training
SMG On-Site and Webinar Training
On-site SMG workshops
On-site teacher training workshops for first-time or novice Stock Market Game teachers include interactive curriculum lessons, stock market basics, handouts and hands-on computer lab sessions. Teachers learn how to access the SMG's Teacher Support Center of online curricula, lesson planning, tutorials and assessments; how to access and manipulate the student-based portfolio simulation. Teachers who attend and complete the entire workshop will receive CPDU's. Training sessions are offered each semester at our university-based Centers for Economic Education. Contact the Center near you for information or to register for an upcoming training session or for individual, small group or school or district-wide teacher training.
Dominican University Center for Economic Education
- Contact Professor Daniel Condon, Director of the DU Center for Economic Education at 708.524.6233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Governors State University Office of Economic Education
- Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2015, 1-4 pm.
- To register or for more information, contact Sheryl Szot Gallaher, Director of the GSU Office of Economic Education at 708.534.4926 or email@example.com
Northern Illinois University Center for Economic Education
- Contact Judith Dymond, Coordinator for the NIU Center for Economic Education at 815.753.4751 or firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Illinois Chicago Center for Economic Education
- Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015, 4:30—7:30pm
- Thursday, Oct. 1, 2015, 4:30—7:30pm
- Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2016: 4:30—7:30pm
- Thursday, Jan. 21, 2016: 4:30—7:30pm
- To register for a workshop or for more information, contact Dr. Helen Roberts, Director of the UIC Center for Economic Education at 312.355.0378 or email@example.com
Webinars are available to teachers who are unable to attend an onsite training due to schedule or distance. Overview Webinars are not intended to replace an onsite teacher training for first-time SMG teachers. Overview Webinars provide a foundation for implementation in a one-hour, live setting. Multiple Webinars are offered each semester.
Visit the link below to see a list of upcoming Webinar training sessions.