Economics Challenge 2014
Illinois State Championship
The 2014 online initial round of testing saw 394 students from 16 Illinois schools participate. In the State Finals at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago on April 10, forty students participated in the testing and activities! Willowbrook High School qualified to compete in the semi-finals competition on April 15.
First Place, Champion: Willowbrook High School. Brian Eslick, teacher. Team members: Kristian Johansen, Alex Lapinski, Mike Rogalski, Tyler Rusnak. Shown at right with Lori Berkes-Nelson, Econ Illinois President.The first place team members and their teacher receive $200 gift cards, medals and a school trophy. The second place team members and their teacher receive $150 gift cards, medals and a school trophy.
Second Place: York Community High School. Jessica Weldon, teacher. Team members: Tim Worley, Cormac O’Halloran, Jimmy Pukala, and Megan Hull.
Photo album from Illinois Economics Challenge 2014 is now available.
Illinois participants in Economics Challenge ONLINE! 2014
Teams from the following schools competed online for the 2014 Economics Challenge. Sixteen teachers engaged their students in the online competition. An asterisk (*) indicates teams at that school having advanced to the state finals competition. Two asterisks (**) indicate that school had multiple teams qualify for the state competition. All schools participating receive a certificate of recognition.
- Adlai Stevenson High School, Linconshire. Jim Kollar, teacher
- Boylan Catholic High School, Rockford. Katherine Schmid, teacher
- ** Buffalo Grove High School, Buffalo Grove. Peter Duffer, teacher
- Edwardsville High School, Edwardsville. Adam Koester, teacher
- Elk Grove High School. Matt Bohnenkamp, teacher
- Grayslake North High School, Grayslake. Denise Franta, teacher
- Hampshire High School, Hampshire. Calvin Braker, teacher
- * Hinsdale South High School, Darien. Jeff Waterman, teacher
- Homewood-Flossmoor High School, Flossmoor. Dave Kush, teacher
- Jacobs High School, Algonquin. Craig Chatham, teacher
- ** John Hersey High School, Arlington Hts. Brian Kemp, teacher
- * Naperville Central High School, Naperville. Eleanor Barbino, teacher
- Naperville North High School. Chris Rehfield, teacher
- * Neuqua Valley High School, Naperville. Chris Cebrzynski, teacher
- ** Willowbrook High School, Villa Park. Brian Eslick, teacher
- * York Community High School, Elmhurst. Jessica Weldon, teacher
The 2014 Illinois Economics Challenge (ILEC) is a program of Econ Illinois with additional support from BMO Harris Bank and in-kind support provided from the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.