Housing & Residential Services provides convenient laundry facilities in each residence hall. A wash cycle costs $1.25 and a dry cycle costs $0.75. Laundry services are paid for using your OneCard and Huskie Bucks.
Provided by ASI Campus Laundry Solutions, NIU's washers utilize less water and less detergent per load, wring clothes out better, and return less soap waste into the community's sewage system. Dryer cycles are more energy efficient, and along with washers, you can go online to receive an email notification when your laundry is complete!
|Wash Cycle 20-30m||$1.25|
|Dry Cycle 45m||$0.75|
|Check your Huskie Bucks balance|
Find out which washers and dryers are available before making a trip to the laundry room and sign up for an email notification when your laundry is done.
- Grant Towers: Grant C, Grant D
- Neptune: Neptune North, Neptune East, Neptune West
- Stevenson: Stevenson A, Stevenson B, Stevenson C, Stevenson D
- Gilbert Hall
- New Hall: Online status not available. One washer and dryer are located in each cluster.
- Detergent: Since these are high efficiency washers, you only need to use a 1/4 cup of high-efficiency laundry detergent in a wash cycle. Liquid detergent will produce better results than powder detergent. Heavily soiled spots and stains should be treated with liquid detergent or a pre-treatment stain remover to prevent them from permanently remaining on clothing.
- Sort Laundry Thoughtfully: Clothing with dark dyes can stain other clothing. Sometimes new blue jeans can do this as well. Wash clothes with like colors and be mindful of water temperature.
- Check Your Pockets: Loose items can be lost in the wash or can cause damage to clothing and machines. Open hooks and zippers can latch on other clothing and cause your clothes to tear. Before washing your clothes, check for items in pockets, loose buttons, and open hooks or zippers.
- Load Machines Only to Capacity: Clothing should be placed loosely in the machine and only within the designated capacity. Damage can be caused to clothing and the machines if they are overloaded. Packing clothing tightly can result in clothes not being properly washed.
Laundry equipment located within the residence halls is owned and operated by an outside vendor, ASI Campus Laundry Solutions. They are responsible for all maintenance, repairs and issues related to operation of the laundry equipment. As a liaison between you and ASI, the Work Request Office works diligently to process the service requests reported by residents. Instructions are provided at each laundry facility for reporting washer or dryer issues. If you have any other questions, contact the Work Request Office at 815-753-4948 or submit a laundry refund request.