Located on the northwestern edge of campus, Grant consists of four 12-story towers. It is directly across from Eco Park (the West Lagoon) and very close to sports fields and tennis courts. This residence hall complex features many double rooms as well as single rooms.
Grant C Tower was newly remodeled in 2012. In 2013, Grant D Tower was also remodeled. Due to the popularity of Grant, room availability is limited.
- Tutoring Center
- Laundry facilities: laundry room and pressing room
- Air conditioning and heating
- NIU Wireless and a wired broadband/Ethernet connection in student rooms
- NIU Wireless in all lounges and public spaces
- 24-hour computer lab
- Access to the Grant South Study Lounge through the Grant Tunnel
- Study rooms on each floor
- Smart classroom
Living-Learning Communities give you an opportunity to live with peers in similar fields, helping you to succeed academically and socially during your time at NIU. Grant Towers is home to a number of these communities. Learn more about Living-Learning Communities.
- Business Careers House
- Green Living Community
- Leadership and Service Community
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Careers House
The Grant Double includes a loftable bed, dresser, desk, chair, closet, and microfridge. This room also includes windows furnished with drapes, tile flooring, electrical outlets, Ethernet ports, and cable TV ports.
The Grant Single includes a loftable bed, dresser, desk, chair, closet, and microfridge. Room sizes vary between 165–180 sq. ft.
Grant Front Desk
Expanded contact directory