If you know of an outstanding undergraduate student interested in joining the University Honors Program, please encourage the student to schedule an appointment with an honors advisor.
- Types of university honors courses (PDF)
- Guidelines for university honors mini-sections (PDF)
- AAC&U rubrics for evaluating honors students' work (ZIP)
The University Honors Center in Campus Life Building 110 offers meeting and classroom space options:
- Capstone library
- Seats about 12 around a seminar table
- Large classroom/small classroom
- Movable wall allows space to be adjusted to fit smaller or larger groups
- Equipped with smart classroom technology
To reserve space please call 815-753-0694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University Honors Committee is comprised of faculty, administrators and students to advise, evaluate and make recommendations to the University Honors Program. To inquire about becoming a member please call 815-753-0694 or email email@example.com.
University Honors Great Professor Award Recipients
This annual, university-wide award recognizes NIU faculty and staff for their leadership, dedication and service to the University Honors Program.
- 2018 - Leslie Sassone
- 2017 - Bart Sharp
- 2016 - Masih Shokrani
- 2015 - Madelyn Kerbach Anderson & Tim Pierce
- 2014 - Nicholas Pohlman
- 2013 - Tim Ryan
- 2012 - Rebecca Houze
- 2011 - Dennis Barsema
- 2010 - Nancy Castle
- 2009 - Jason Hawke
- 2008 - Christopher Jones
- 2007 - Judy Santacaterina
- 2006 - Steve Franklin
- 2005 - Carol Demoranville
- 2004 - Thomas Roberts
- 2003 - Gary Glenn
- 2002 - Nancy Nuzzo
- 2001 - C. Daniel Dillman