Fall Family Weekend
Friday, September 20 - Sunday, September 22, 2013
- Events & Tickets
- Check-in Information
- Local Lodging & Restaurants (DeKalb County Visitors Bureau)
- At-A-Glance Schedule
Held in three locations throughout the weekend, however, NOT simultaneously. You may go to the location available based on your family's schedule of arrival. Pick up any tickets you may have pre-ordered, get directions for the Self-Guided Tour (SGT), Amazing Dog Sled Race (ADSR), Bike tours, have your questions answered, see the office home of Huskie Family Connections and and receive your complimentary tote bag!
Times and Locations:
- Fri. from 12 to 4 p.m. at Campus Life Building (CLB)
- Fri. from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Holmes Student Center (HSC)
- Sat. from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Campus Life Building (CLB)
- Sat. from 3 to 5:30 p.m. at the West Stadium field HFC Tailgating tent
- Sun. from 10 to 4 pm at Campus Life Building (CLB)
Pre-Paid Events (Ticket Sales Close at Midnight on 9/14/13)
- The Amazing Dog Sled Race
- Huskie Family Connection Tailgating
- Huskie Football Game Home Opener (White Out)
- Sandwich Bar
- Bowling & Billiards for Huskie Alternative Break
- Self-Guided Campus Tours (maps will be provided at check-in)
- NIU Observatory (Davis Hall 703)
Friday, 7 to 11 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.; Sunday, 2 to 4 p.m.
- NIU Art Museum (Altgeld Hall 116)
Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, 12 to 4 p.m.
- NIU Anthropology Museum (Cole Hall)
Friday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Saturday, 12 to 4 p.m.
- Bike Tours (RSVP)
- Engineering Tours (RSVP)
- ACRO Pancake Brunch (RSVP)
- Campus Recreation Center
- Casino Night
Community Events (pay at the door)
Explore DeKalb's history as the birthplace of barbed wire
- Ellwood House Museum
Tours are available on Saturday and Sunday at 1, 2 and 3 pm.. Tickets are $8 for adults and $3 for children
- Joseph F. Glidden Homestead
Tours are available Sunday from 12 to 4 p.m. Tickets are $4.