- About Us
- Forums & FAQs
- Programs & Services
- Peer Education Groups
- Dimensions of Wellness
- Alcohol, Tobacco, & Other Drugs
- Sexual Health
- Victim Advocacy Services
- Health Enhancement A-Z
- Contact Us
- Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
- Health Enhancement Home
NIU students are fortunate to have one of the best condom availability programs in the country. We make a wide variety of condoms and other safer sex items available to students at no additional cost pursuant to our objective of reducing risk of sexually transmitted infection and unintended pregnancy. We also have developed a number of ways that students who want to use these items can obtain them easily.
Community Advisors in the Residence Halls and student organizations are eligible to receive condoms in bulk to make them available for their residents or members. This program requires a short, one-time visit to Health Enhancement (Rm. 139 or the Condom Counter) to register for the program. Representatives will then be eligible to receive bulk condoms throughout the school year as often as necessary to meet the needs of their residents/members.
For Personal Use
In order to facilitate access and minimize the time and expense of re-supply, we ask students to limit themselves to no more than 10 condoms at any one visit, but feel free to visit as often as you need to.
To obtain condoms for your personal use, visit any of the following locations:
- Health Enhancement: Evans Field House (Service counter, SE entrance): Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Health Enhancement Offices (Evans Field House, Rooms 139, 154, and 121), Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Health Services, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.