Transferring From a U.S. School - NIU - The Graduate School

Resources for International Students

Transferring From a U.S. School

Once admitted to Northern Illinois University, international students who have been attending another institution in the U.S. on a F-1 visa must request that institution to “release” them to NIU. You cannot be issued a new I-20 until NIU receives that release. For more information, contact graduate admissions.