The Master of Public Administration integrates both theory and practice into experiential learning that is ideal for pre-career students as well as professionals who desire intellectual growth and career advancement. You will develop applied problem solving skills, ethical administrative practices and leadership skills that directly affect and enhance teaching and career proficiencies.
Program-Specific Admission Information and Requirements
Affiliated College: School of Public and Global Affairs
Degree(s) Offered: M.P.A. (Master of Public Administration)
Area(s) of Emphasis:
- Specialization in Fiscal Administration
- Specialization in Nonprofit Management
- Specialization in Strategic Public Management and Leadership
- Specialization in Local Government Management
- Specialization in Comparative Public Service
- Specialization in Public Service Law and Management
Program Requires GRE: No
Letters of Recommendation: 3
All application materials must be received by the appropriate deadline below to ensure priority consideration.
|Internationals Living Abroad||Applicants Residing in the U.S.||Priority Consideration|
|Fall||May 1||July 15||February 1|
|Spring||October 1||December 10||October 1|
- Academic Programs
Top Ten Things To Do When Applying
The grad school application process may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Sign up now to receive our list of Top Ten Things to Do When Applying to NIU’s Graduate School.