Frequently Asked Questions

If You Are an Employee ...



... and have been injured on the job

... and have been injured on the property but NOT work related

Contact the Risk Manager at 815.753.6000. 

To open a claim file please forward at statement stating who was involved in the incident and who, if anyone witnessed it, what, when and where the incident happened in detail (time, date, specific place, weather conditions if relevant, etc.), specifically what type of assistance you are requesting the University to consider and why you think the University ought to provide it, and your contact information.

If you are a faculty member or if you are a Special Professional Support Person ...

If you are a Member of the Operating Staff ...

If you are unsure about how to get help, the Office of the Ombudsperson may be able to assist you in identifying appropriate resources.