In the News
- Dr. Michelle Lilly and NIU research associate Heather Pierce have made national headlines for their study linking indirect exposure to trauma with an increased risk of PTSD. See here for details. (2012)
- Fred Markowitz has been named as a Co-Investigator of the NIMH Center for Adherence and Self-Determination. The center conducts research on engagement in services that help people with serious mental illnesses achieve their recovery goals. It is based at the Illinois Institute of Technology with investigators at Yale, New York University, Dartmouth, the University of Pennsylvania, Temple University, Rutgers, University of Illinois at Chicago, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison. (2011)
- Research conducted by Dr. Holly Orcutt and her collaborator, Dr. Kerry Ressler at Emory University, made national headlines for their work examining genetic influences on the development of posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms. See here for details. (2011)
- Joel S. Milner, Director Emeritus of the Center for the Study of Family Violence and Sexual Assault and Distinguished Research Professor Emeritus, Psychology, was honored as a distinguished faculty member in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (2010).
- John Skowronski was named a Liberal Arts & Science Presidential Research Professor. This is one of the university's top honors and recipients are selected on the basis of significant sustained scholarly or creative work, including the achievment of national or international reputation in their individual fields. (2008)