In the News
- Dr. Randy McCarthy's reserach using the Voodoo Doll Task was featured in Discover Magazine. See here for details. (2016)
- Dr. Michelle Lilly and NIU research associate Heather Pierce have made national headlines for their study linking indirect exposure to trauma with an increased risk of PTSD. See here for details. (2012)
- Research conducted by Dr. Holly Orcutt and her collaborator, Dr. Kerry Ressler at Emory University, made national headlines for their work examining genetic influences on the development of posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms. See here for details. (2011)
- Joel S. Milner, Director Emeritus of the Center for the Study of Family Violence and Sexual Assault and Distinguished Research Professor Emeritus, Psychology, was honored in 2010 as a distinguished faculty member in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- John Skowronski was named a Liberal Arts & Science Presidential Research Professor (2008). This is one of the university's top honors and recipients are selected on the basis of significant sustained scholarly or creative work, including the achievement of national or international reputation in their individual fields.