Transfer Open House Event March 10
Learn about making the leap from community college to NIU
If you’re ready to make the transition from a community college to a major university, you need to check out NIU.
Strong academic programs. Top faculty who care about their students. A friendly campus ranked among the “50 safest large colleges and universities in America.”
Stop by soon and visit us in person—and you’ll see for yourself.
Open house events for transfer students will be held Friday, March 10. Plan to join us to learn about transferring to NIU. Meet with transfer counselors, tour our residence halls and get an on-the-spot decision!
Transfer students make up nearly half of our undergraduate population, so NIU knows how to ensure a smooth and successful transition to university life.
At our open houses, we’ll answer your questions on a wide variety of topics, including:
- Financial assistance. Talk with the pros about financing your NIU education. We have a flat-tuition rate, so once you’re enrolled full-time for 12 semester hours in the fall or spring semesters, any credit hours taken beyond that are at no additional cost. You can complete your degree faster without paying more.
- Our majors. From STEM fields to the arts and quite a bit in between, you can choose from over 100 areas of study, with courses taught by faculty on the cutting-edge of their fields. Check out some of our rankings and recognitions.
- NIU PLUS. With our NIU PLUS program, your hands-on learning activities and even your part-time job can give you a competitive edge when you graduate and enter the job market.
- Housing options. NIU students can live on-campus in residence halls, off-campus or at home while commuting. One of our residence halls even has a “living-learning community” designed specifically for new transfer students.
- Study Abroad. We offer study abroad programs in 75 countries, accommodating every major and every schedule! Importantly, studying abroad through NIU can be made affordable through financial aid and scholarships.
- Support Services. Career Services. University Honors. Campus Child Care. Those are just three of more than a dozen centers and services aimed at providing support to NIU's diverse student population, enhancing lives and helping students achieve success.
- The Huskie Family. You can have fun and make friends—and maybe even make the world a better place—through our more than 200 student organizations!
Transfer Open House Activities Include
- Meet with transfer counselors
- Application workshop with free application fee
- Receive an on-the-spot decision
- Learn about colleges, majors, organizations, services and more at the browsing fair
- Tour campus and our residence halls
Can't make it on March 10?
Register for a future campus visit!