Congratulations on being selected as a Research Rookies faculty mentor! We are excited to welcome you to the Research Rookies family.
Faculty mentors are expected to:
- Provide learning resources and necessary tools for the student's research/artistry project
- Meet with the student to plan and complete the project
- Attend the Faculty Mentor Orientation in October
- Attend the Research Rookies Reception in November
- Discuss aspects of academic and research life with the student
- Assist the student with preparation of project materials for UG Research & Artistry Day
- Attend UG Research & Artistry Day in April
- Notify OSEEL staff as needed of student progress, performance, change of research focus or any problems in the mentoring relationship
Please refer to the Faculty Mentor Handbook for more information on the responsibilities and expectations of the role.
Information for Faculty Mentors
- Mentoring Issues, WebGURU
- Responsible Conduct in Research Mentoring
- CUR Mentor Network
- Student Resources for Undergraduate Research
- Research Project Purchase Request
- Faculty Mentor Orientation Presentation (PDF)
Open Research Positions
If you are in search of a student to assist you with your research project, fill out the Faculty Mentor Interest form.