High School Mentors
High School Mentors are categorized into two groups :
High School Team Leader (HSTL) Mentor: Top Eight HSTL mentors have been selected based on their school achievements and reference letters from their school teachers and would be paid a stipend of $400 for the academic year 2011-12.
High School Leader Mentor (HSL): Eight HSL mentors have been selected based on their school achievements and reference letters from their respective school teachers and would be paid a stipend of $300 for the academic year 2011-12.
Benefits for High School Mentors
This Mentoring program expereince and benefits for high schoolers include.
- Enhanced Math and science learning.
- Experience with hands-on math and science activities.
- An increased awareness of the field of engineering.
- An increased desire to pursue a career in the field of engineering.
- Opportunities to attend and interact with the CEET students during the senior engineering design day at NIU.
- Unique opportunity through the mentoring program to ask questions about what it is like to go to college and major in a STEM field.
- High priority engineering scholarships at CEET, NIU.
- A high degree of satisfaction with the NIU-EEP mentor experience.
- Opportunities for self-reflection through the mentorship experience.