Susan Porter-Hudak, Associate Professor Emerita
Professor Porter-Hudak received her Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin at Madison in 1982.
Current Research: Time series analysis (long memory models) and time series applications to state and local financing
Area of Specialization: Econometrics, Applied Microeconomics
- "Regional Welfare Loss Measures of the 1973 Oil Embargo: A Numerical Methods Approach Economic welfare: Concepts and measurement." Vol. 2, 1999, pp. 451-61 in Elgar Reference Collection. International Library of Critical Writings in Economics, vol. 107. Cheltenham, U.K. and Northampton, Mass.: Elgar. (with K. Hayes).
- "Preferences for State Tax and Spending Policies: Evidence from Survey Data on the Role of Income" Economics and Politics, Vol. 7, No. 1, March 1995, pp. 43-58 (with J. Temple).
- "The Estimation and Application of Long Memory Time Series Models: Time series." Vol. 1, 1994, pp. 100-117 in Elgar Reference Collection. International Library of Critical Writings in Econometrics, vol. 5. Aldershot, U.K.: Elgar; distributed in the U.S. by Ashgate, Brookfield, Vt., (with J. Geweke).
- "A New Approach in Analyzing the Effect of Deficit Announcements on Interest Rates." Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, Vol. 26, No. 4, November 1994,:pp. 894-902 (with M. Quigley).
- "A Numerical Methods Approach to Calculating Cost-of-Living Indices." Journal of Econometrics, Vol. 50, No. 1-2, October-November 1991, pp. 91-105 (with K. Hayes).
- "An Application of the Seasonal Fractionally Differenced Model to the Monetary Aggregates." Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 85, June 1990, pp. 338-44.
- "Pension Funding and Local Labor Costs: A Dynamic Analysis of Illinois Police Pension Funds." Southern Economic Journal, Vol. 54, No. 3, January 1988, pp. 572-82 (with S. Grosskopf and K. Hayes).
- "Monetization, Economic Development and the Exogeneity of Money."Journal of Development Economics, Vol. 21, No. 1, April 1986, pp. 25-34 (with P. Laumas).
- "The Statistical Precision of a Numerical methods Estimator as Applied to Welfare Loss." Economic Letters, Vol 20, No. 3, 1986 (with K. Hayes).