Ai-ru (Meg) Cheng, Assistant Professor
Professor Cheng received her PhD from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2004. Prior to joining Northern Illinois University, she held a position at the University of California at Santa Cruz.
Areas of Specialization: Econometrics, Finance
Current Research: Option pricing, High-Frequency data
- A Gaussian Approximation Scheme for Computation of Option Prices in Stochas- tic Volatility Models, with A. Ronald Gallant, Chuanshu Ji, and Beom Lee (2008) Journal of Econometrics 146, 44-58.
- Return, Trading Volume, and Market Depth in Currency Futures Markets, with Yin-Wong Cheung, (2008) International Journal of Applied Economics 5, 1-23.
- An Empirical Investigation of Stock Market Behavior in Middle East and North Africa, with Mohammad R. Jahan-Parvar and Phillip Rothman (2009) Journal of Empirical Finance 17(3), 413-427.
- Central Bank Intervention and Japanese Exchange Rate Volatility Evidence Us- ing Realized Volatility, with Kuntal Das and Takeshi Shimatani (2013) Journal of Asian Economics 28, 87-98.
- Risk-Return Trade-Off in Pacific-Basin Equity Markets, with Mohammad R. Jahan-Parvar (2014) Emerging Markets Review 18, 123-140.
Office: ZH 508
Phone: (815) 753-6964
M W 2:00-3:15 DU 240
M 9:00-11:40 DU 240