Faculty Travel Support
Each year, the Office of the Vice President of Research and Innovation Partnerships provides faculty travel support. These funds are distributed to each College and administered by the Colleges. Please contact your College for more information on this opportunity.
In FY18, $101,250 will be available; these funds are distributed to the Colleges based on the percentage of tenured and tenure-track faculty residing in each College. The funding carries the following guidelines and restrictions:
- Deans and Department Heads are empowered to develop procedures for strategic investment of these funds in faculty development.
- Funding per faculty trip cannot exceed $1,000.
- Funding is available to full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty who are presenting papers, posters, or who are otherwise serving as presenters, panelists, performers, or exhibitors at professional conferences (meetings, workshops, colloquia, exhibitions, etc.) that are national or international in scope.
- If approved by the department/college, a faculty member may receive more than one trip per year. Travel requests to support retired faculty will require prior approval and be considered on an individual basis.
Annual reports from the faculty members and their Colleges to the Vice President for Research will be used to ensure that programmatic guidelines were met. Colleges that fail to provide this documentation will become ineligible for future funding. Prior to June 30, 2018 colleges will report all FY2018 supported travel to the OVP; reports will use this spreadsheet and will include:
- Faculty name
- Dates of travel
- Purpose of travel including conference name and title of research paper to be presented
- Amount of support provided by the department, college, grant/other support and OVP