Faculty Travel Support
DRGS faculty travel support is administered by the Colleges. Please contact your College office to ask questions related to applying for funding.
Available to full time tenured or tenure-track faculty who are presenting papers, posters, or who are otherwise serving as presenters, panelists, performers, or exhibitors at professional conferences (meetings, workshops, colloquia, exhibitions, etc.) that are national or international in scope.
- Each faculty member is eligible to receive only one Division Travel Grant per calendar year.
- The DRGS will provide up to $750 per faculty trip, contingent upon provision of matching funds (1:1) by the College and/or Department. • Funds will be administered by the Colleges. Deans and department heads are empowered to develop procedures for strategic investment of these funds in faculty development.
- In FY12, $100,000 will be available; the distribution of these funds will be based on the percentage of tenured and tenure-track faculty who reside in each college/academic unit.
- These funds will be administered by the Colleges. At the beginning of the fiscal year, funds to support faculty travel will be transferred from the OVPR to each college. In FY14, $100,000 will be available; the distribution of these funds will be based on the percentage of tenured and tenure-track faculty who reside in each college (such that funds will total: Business $8,000; Education $14,000; CEET $5,000; HHS $10,000; LA&S $48,000; ULIB $3,000; V&PA $12,000). Deans and department heads are empowered to develop procedures for strategic investment of these funds in faculty development. Annual reports from the faculty members and their Colleges to the Vice President for Research will be used to ensure that the programmatic guidelines were met. Travel requests to support retired faculty will require prior approval and be considered on an individual basis.
Faculty members who receive travel support from the OVPR will provide the Vice President for Research with an abstract or other evidence of their presentation, as well as a brief description of information about the time, place, and venue at which the presentation was made.
Prior to June 30, Colleges will report all supported travel to the OVPR; reports will use the attached form and will include:
- Faculty name
- Dates of travel
- Purpose of travel including conference name and title of research paper to be presented
- Amount of support provided by the department, college, grant/other support, and OVPR
Colleges that fail to provide this documentation will become ineligible for funding.
Please contact your college to learn more about applying for funding.