DHS/NIU Partnership Professional Development Committee
District 428 and NIU are developing a partnership high school that will achieve national recognition for the following accomplishments:
- World-class student achievement that includes academics, activities, and citizenship.
- Rigorous curriculum that matches expectations of higher education and the workplace.
- Superior preparation of pre-service teachers whose skills match the needs of today’s classrooms, including proficiency in skills for improving achievement of low-achieving students.
- Excellence in professional learning that supports DHS and NIU faculty in their pursuit of globally competitive student achievement.
- Joint research and co-teaching by DHS and NIU faculty.
- Design an ongoing professional development plan that ensures DHS/NIU faculty proficiency with the Three-Tiered Model (3TM) and the PDS
- Look at other successful models of both High School RtI/3TM implementation and High School PDS to consider for framing and developing our model
Co-Chairs & Members
DHS: Margo Sickele; NIU: Sharon Smaldino
- COE: Sharon Smaldino, Lisa Yamagata Lynch, David Shernoff, Sara Johnston-Rodriguez
- HHS: Bette Montgomery
- LAS: Ellen Hines
DHS: Jennie Hueber, Jessica Stewart, Amonaquenette Parker, Margo Sickele, Brandon Royer
Meetings & Materials
Commitee work and members rolled into Task Groups.