DHS/NIU Partnership Curriculum Committee
District 428 and NIU are developing a partnership high school that will achieve national recognition for the following accomplishments:
- World-class student achievement that includes academics, activities, and citizenship.
- Rigorous curriculum that matches expectations of higher education and the workplace.
- Superior preparation of pre-service teachers whose skills match the needs of today’s classrooms, including proficiency in skills for improving achievement of low-achieving students.
- Excellence in professional learning that supports DHS and NIU faculty in their pursuit of globally competitive student achievement.
- Joint research and co-teaching by DHS and NIU faculty.
- Define standards and criteria for evaluating effective curriculum and assessment
- Develop parameters and systematic process for developing curriculum and assessments
- Provide guidance for departments in development of common assessments
- Create goals and processes for data teams to make data-driven curricular decisions
- Develop overriding philosophy that explains connections among all initiatives under 3TM umbrella (SAC, curriculum mapping)
- Collaborate with curriculum council and assessment committee and encourage NIU participation on those committees
- Scout best practices for showcasing good curriculum and assessment and models for teachers
Co-Chairs & Members
DHS: Roger Scott; NIU: Susan Callahan
- CEET: Promod Vohra
- COE: Connie Fox, Drew Kemp, Meryl Domina
- HHS: Nancy LaCursia, Shirley Richmond
- LAS: Susan Callahan, Christine Malecki, Jon Carnahan, JD Bowers, Kate Maley
- VPA: Kerry Freedman
- Outreach: Pati Sievert
DHS: Wendy Bonneau, Gail Cappaert, Liz Digaszewski, Isabelle Kovarik, Cindy Lofthouse, Amy Crook, Kelly Powell, Anne Williams, Doug Moeller, Kathy Cebulski, Jennie Hueber, Tricia Schumacher, Jay Smith, Judy Stafstrom
Meetings & Materials
Commitee work and members rolled into Task Groups.
- May 19, 2010
- April 21, 2010
- March 16, 2010
- February 17, 2010
- January 20, 2010
- November 18, 2009
- October 21, 2009
- September 16, 2009
- July 8, 2009
- June 3, 2009