DHS/NIU Partnership Audit Committee
District 428 and NIU are developing a partnership high school that will achieve national recognition for the following accomplishments:
- World-class student achievement that includes academics, activities, and citizenship.
- Rigorous curriculum that matches expectations of higher education and the workplace.
- Superior preparation of pre-service teachers whose skills match the needs of today’s classrooms, including proficiency in skills for improving achievement of low-achieving students.
- Excellence in professional learning that supports DHS and NIU faculty in their pursuit of globally competitive student achievement.
- Joint research and co-teaching by DHS and NIU faculty.
- Monitor and report on the progress of the development of the DHS-NIU PDS and ongoing outcomes in accordance with the NCATE PDS standards.
- Review standards rubric and document current evidence of outcomes and determine measurable evidence for achievement based on PDS standards rubric
- Define and document annual audit process
- Assemble and train external audit team members for annual audits
- Work with external audit team members to conduct annual PDS audit
- Provide guidance to other committees on needed actions based on audit reports
Chair & Members
NIU: Kristin Brynteson
NIU: Sharon Smaldino
DHS: Lindsey Hall, Jennie Hueber, Doug Moeller