- Disability Resource Center
- You and an access consultant will discuss barriers that may impact your experience at NIU. You are welcome to invite family members, significant others or legal guardians to participate. It is usually scheduled for 60-90 minutes. If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late, call us and reschedule.
You may be asked for documentation of your disability. If you don't have documentation, meet with an access consultant to find out what kind of documentation you need and how to get it.
All new student intakes must be completed and any needed documentation received at least two weeks prior to final exams.
- A letter of accommodation may be written for you to give to your professors. You will also learn about campus academic resources that can help you.
Making accommodations work for you
- Give the DRC course materials to be adapted at least six weeks before they are needed.
- Give your instructor your letter of accommodation as early as possible in the semester.
- If an instructor is not receptive to your accommodation request, talk to your access consultant.