Research and Artistry Student Symposium
Friday, April 20, 2018, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Altgeld Hall 315
We are currently accepting submissions!Undergraduate and Graduate students at NIU are invited to participate.
We will accept submissions that address a broad range of topics related to Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies, including submissions that focus on:
- the contributions and status of women and LGBTQ+ people;
- understandings of love and sexuality in relationships;
- the dynamics of sex roles and gender ideals, past and present;
- the impact of race, ethnicity, age, social class, sexual orientation, ability, and other factors on women's experiences and the experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer+ (LGBTQ+) people;
- and other issues related to women, gender and/or sexuality.
We anticipate that each presenter will have approximately 15 minutes to present. We will accept traditional papers, as well as more creative presentations.
Submit proposals in the form of a 300-500 word abstract describing your topic. Abstracts are due by Monday, March 19, 2018. Send abstracts to email@example.com with "CSWGS Student Symposium" in the subject line. Include your name; email address; year in school; academic major and minor/certificate area of study in your submission.
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-753-1038.