Study Abroad Programs in Southeast Asia

Where Our Students Are Studying - Summer 2013

Ten NIU undergraduate and graduate students are studying in Southeast Asia this summer.
Here's where they are:

You too can study in Southeast Asia next summer!
To find out more about FLAS fellowships at NIU, see the web at Student Funding or contact the NIU Center for Southeast Asian Studies at cseas@niu.edu.
Deadline to apply for the summer FLAS is Jan. 1.

For more general information, contact:
NIU Study Abroad Office
Williston Hall 417
Phone: (815) 753-0700
Fax: (815) 753-0825
E-mail: niuabroad@niu.edu


> There may be study abroad travel funds available through the Provost's Study Abroad Travel Grant. For more information, contact Pamela Rosenberg in the International Programs Office. Phone: (815) 753-9580. See the Provost's Travel Grant for Study Abroad or the Provost's Honors Travel Grant for Study Abroad for possible travel funds for Summer 2013 Study Abroad programs. 
> Please also visit the CSEAS Student Funding page for related funding opportunities.

NIU Co-sponsored Programs

The Study Abroad Office provides links to the web sites of NIU-approved study-abroad providers. Click on Programs / By Country to search for approved programs in Southeast Asian countries.

Note to NIU Students: Those interested in taking language or area studies abroad through non-NIU programs are advised to work through NIU’s Study Abroad Office. By doing so, students can receive NIU credit and possibly have NIU financial aid apply, in addition to receiving liability and insurance protections.

Helpful Travel Information

The NIU Study Abroad Office provides many travel links, including information about passports, student identity cards, and tourism offices worldwide.

Programs & Scholarships from Other Institutions

Note: NIU students should exercise caution when choosing a study abroad program. The best way to find the program that will work for you is to go to the Study Abroad Office and meet with a Program Coordinator, who can help you choose one of the approved programs. Students may petition to apply for a non-approved program; however, this must be done through the Study Abroad Office. Please start this process at least a year in advance.