SEAYLP (Southeast Asia Youth Leadership Program)
Program Themes and Highlights
The program's two major themes are river ecology and leadership.
Highlights of educational and social activities that intertwine these themes are:
- test for water pollution in the Chicago River at Bubbly Creek
- explore sites associated with Abraham Lincoln in Illinois, Indiana, and Washington, D.C.
- experience a boat ride on Chesapeake Bay
- discuss leadership with local high school students
- examine five key qualities that leaders share
- negotiate a fisheries treaty in an international diplomacy simulation