CCS staff provide presentations, programs, and workshops on various mental health and college student development topics. Presentation requests need to be made 4 weeks in advance. This allows us time to coordinate staff coverage for requests and other details.
To request a presentation, submit the form below or call 815-753-1206.
Presentation Request Form
Most Requested Presentation Topics
- Overview of CCS Services, The Myths and Benefits of Counseling
- Stress and Anxiety Management, Test Anxiety
- Transition and Adjustment to College
- Signs of Substance Abuse, Signs of Eating and/or Body Image Concerns, Signs of Internet/Gaming Addiction
- Acknowledging and Valuing Diversity
- Racism, Discrimination and Privilege
- Experiences of Being a First-Generation College Student
- Being an Ally on Campus
- Culture Shock, Transition of International Students to NIU
- Conflict Management and Resolution
- Creating and Maintaining Healthy Relationships
- How to Help a Friend Who Is Struggling
Sexual Assault Awareness
- How to Get What You Want, But Not More Than You Bargained For
- Being Assertive and Saying "No"
Contact UsCounseling and Consultation Services
Campus Life Building, room 200
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.