What are Advocacy Services?
- Advocacy Services are available to current NIU students who have been impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking.
- Advocacy Services collaborates with many university departments and off-campus agencies and coordinates and provides assistance and support to students as they explore options regarding reporting and seeking support services.
How can Advocacy Services assist you?
Advocacy Services provides confidential, free and individualized assistance to students to aid in coordinating services that best fit their current needs. Services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Education on victimization, orders of protection and other relevant information
- Information on available options as a survivor
- Academic advocacy: assistance communicating with professors
- Support at administrative meetings
- Assistance making reports (NIU Police, DeKalb Police, Title IX)
- Assistance coordinating various accommodations
- Personal counseling referral
Contact UsCounseling and Consultation Services
Campus Life Building, room 200
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.