NIU Department of
Chemistry & Biochemistry
Where the study of matter...matters!
Departmental Graduate Colloquium
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry hosts a Seminar Series for graduate students each semester. This page will be updated as speakers for Departmental Colloquium, CBBS, and Divisional Seminars are announced.
Current Graduate Colloquium Schedules
- Departmental: Mondays at 4:00pm in La Tourette (FW) 201, unless otherwise noted. Each seminar will be preceded by a reception at 3:30pm in FW 300.
- Center for Biochemical and Biophysical Studies (CBBS): Fridays at 12:00pm in La Tourette 201.
- University: University-wide Seminars and Colloquium.
Archived Graduate Colloquium Schedules
Divisional Seminar Schedules
- Biochemistry: Wednesdays at 12:00pm in La Tourette 300, unless otherwise indicated.
- Organic: Wednesdays at 4:00pm in La Tourette 300.
- Physical/Analytical/Inorganic/Nanotechnology: Tuesdays at 4:00pm in La Tourette 300.
Seminar Proposal Procedure
The NIU graduate colloquium speakers are funded through graduate student fees, and the Graduate School requires the involvement of graduate students in the selection of speakers. Please read the Procedures for Graduate Students on How to Invite Chemistry/Biochemistry Colloquium Speakers.