Assistant Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Ph.D. (2007) School of Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, Indiana
- M.S. (1990) Industrial Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
- B.S.(1988) Industrial Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
Supply chain management, Capacity planning, Production planning and scheduling, Semiconductor manufacturing systems, Combinatorial and Heuristic optimization, Healthcare system
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial & System Engineering, Northern Illinois University (2009 – present)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, School of Industrial Engineering, Purdue University (2008-2009)
- Decision Scientist (Internship), INTEL (2006-2007)
- Research Assistant, Laboratory for Extended Enterprises, Purdue University (2003 – 2006)
- Samsung Semiconductor (1990-2002)
- Kim, S.G., Uzsoy, R. “Heuristics for Capacity Expansion Problems with Congestion,” Computers & Operations Research Vol. 36, pp. 1924-1934 (2009).
- Kim, S.G., Uzsoy, R. “Exact and Heuristic Procedures for Capacity Expansion Problems with Congestion,” IIE Transactions Vol. 40, pp. 1185–1197 (2008).
- Kim, S.G., Uzsoy, R. “Integrated Planning of Production and Engineering Process Improvement,” IEEE transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 390-398.