Vincent P. McGinn
Professor, Electrical Engineering
Ph.D., EE (1985), Penn State University, MS Astronomy (1984), Penn State University, MCAE (1972), Univ. of Southern California, MSEE (1969), New York University PolyTech, BSEE (1968), New York University PolyTech. States in which registered: Illinois and Ohio.
Microelectronics, microwaves, electro-optics, and photo electronics.
- Department of Electrical Engineering, NIU, Professor (1996-Present)
Date of Original Appointment (July 1996), Awarded Tenure (July 1999)
Other Related Experience
- Retired Lt. Col., USAF Avionics, Low Observables Engineer
- Northrop Grumman (1997-1998)
- Recognition Source (2002)
- Ohmite Manufacturing (2001-2002)
Professional Associations and Honors
- IEEE Senior member, SAE, and AOPA
- Outstanding Educator, NAACP, 2002
- Department Chair, 1996-2002
- High school liaison with Marist High School, Chicago.
- EMC design manual developed for Northrop Grumman internal use, 2005.
- Educational Research Workshop, NIU 2002.
- EMC course development for NIU under IEEE grant ($5K and $5K match).
- NIU grant for Lionel Train project ($5K and $5K match).
- Scientist Helping America Workshop, 2002, DARPA sponsored.
Other Significant Projects/Interests
Japanese (OKADA) patent on microphotoconductors (No. 2583650).