- College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- M.S. in Engineering Management
M.S. in Engineering Management
The global marketplace needs more engineering managers who have both business skills and technical engineering knowledge. Our Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering with a Specialization in Engineering Management blends engineering and business courses from NIU’s award-winning colleges of engineering and business to help you become a more effective manager.
Designed for busy professionals
Convenient. Online or on campus - choose the course delivery option that works for you.
- Traditional courses are offered in person over 16 weeks at NIU's DeKalb campus. Interact with your instructors and classmates in a traditional classroom setting.
- Online courses are offered whenever and wherever it's convenient for you. But just because you're online doesn't mean you're on your own; you can reach your instructors via email, in weekly virtual classroom visits and during office hours to get one-on-one support.
Affordable. Offered by NIU’s College of Engineering and Engineering Technology, you have quality education with public university tuition rates.
Quality. Your instructors are well-respected
Education that works. The program’s capstone project allows you to put your education into action by working with one of NIU’s 200 partner companies to solve a real-world engineering management problem.
- Accredited B.S. degree in an engineering, technology or related science field
- Completed Calculus I, Calculus II and Statistics
- GPA of 2.75 or better
ContactPurushothaman Damodaran, Ph.D.
Chair and Professor