Connecting qualified engineering and engineering technology students with NIU alumni or corporate representatives, ensures our engineering and technology students experiential learning opportunities, academic success, and career readiness.
How to Get Involved
If you are an alumni or a friend of the college, and you wish to particpate, please email Amanda Carrier and she will connect you with a student. Each mentorship relationship will depend upon the parties involved. The college asks that you adhere to the following guidelines to the best of your ability.
- Speak with your student monthly via phone or email
- Meet with your student once a semester face to face
- Connect your student to an internship opportunity within your company or provide him or her with networking opportunities
Goals of E-Pride
- Provide each CEET student with access to experential learning opportunities and relationships that lead to academic success, career readiness and job placement.
- Nurture current students towards personal growth and workplace preparedness.
- Guide students through their first internship experience
- Prepare students for the challenges of the 21st century workforce.