Anyone needing special accommodations to participate in the NIU Board of Trustees meetings should contact Ellen Andersen, Director of Special Events (815) 753-1999, as soon as possible, normally a week before the scheduled meeting.
Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and Personnel Committee Meeting
Finance, Facilities and Operations Committee Meeting
BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF
NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
March 1, 2006
Board of Trustees Room
315 Altgeld Hall - Northern Illinois University
Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and Personnel Committee
(Expected to include presentation of proposals for Committee review and endorsement: Recommendations for Faculty and Supportive Professional Staff Sabbatical Leaves for the 2006-2007 Academic Year; Request for a New Minor; Transfer of Tenure Location; and Appointment of the Dean of the College of Business. For review and information: Oral English Proficiency Annual Report 2004-2005; Regional Delivery Fees; and Annual IBHE Report on Underrepresented Groups 2004-2005. Possibly other matters for discussion only.)
Finance, Facilities and Operations Committee
(Expected to include presentation of proposals for Committee review and endorsement: Fiscal Year 2007 Student Fee Recommendations; Fiscal Year 2007 Room and Board Rate Recommendations; Fiscal Year 2007 Regional Delivery Fees; Fiscal Year 2007 Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Contract Renewal; Fiscal Year 2007 Mass Transit Contract Renewal; Fiscal Year 2007 Athletic Sports Camp Housing and Meal Expenditure; Fiscal Year 2007 International Programs Division Contracts Renewal; Fiscal Year 2007 Northern Star Printing Contract Renewal; Fiscal Year 2007 Waste Management Contract Renewal; Fiscal Year 2007 Document Services Copier and Controller System Contract Renewal; Fiscal Year 2007 Copy Paper ITS Document Services and Materials Management; Campus Dormitories – Install Fire Sprinkler Systems – Capital Project Approval; College Avenue – Street Reconstruction – Capital Project Approval; Davis Hall – Construct Cleanroom and Organic Lab – Capital Project Approval; Housing for Students with Dependents - Capital Project Approval; Neptune West – Roof Replacement – Capital Project Approval; Swen Parson Hall – College of Law HVAC Upgrade – Capital Project Approval; Zulauf Hall – Elevator Replacement – Capital Project Approval; Business and Industry Services Training Contract Extension; Information Technology Services Computer Laboratory Equipment; and College of Engineering and Engineering Technology Research and Development.
For review and information: Fiscal Year 2006/2007 Budget Update; Fiscal Year 2007 Legislative Update; Fiscal Year 2006 Increment Summary Report; Quarterly Summary Report of Transactions in Excess of $100,000; Periodic Report on Investments; Energy Infrastructure Improvements Performance Contract; and Implementation of University Commercial Procurement Credit Card System. Possibly other matters for discussion only.)
AGENDA FORMAT FOR COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
- VERIFICATION OF APPROPRIATE NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
- MEETING AGENDA APPROVAL
- REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
- COMMITTEE CHAIR'S COMMENTS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
- PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY*
- UNIVERSITY RECOMMENDATIONS AND REPORTS
- OTHER MATTERS
- NEXT MEETING DATE
* The Board and its committees comply with P.A. 91-0715 through its Bylaws, Article II, Section 5.B:
- Consistent with Public Act 91-0715 and reasonable constraints determined by these Bylaws and the Chair, at each regular or special meeting of the Board or its committees that is open to the public, members of the public may request a brief time on the approved agenda of the meeting to address the Board on relevant matters within its jurisdiction.
- Committees of the Board review University proposals for action and make adjustments and endorsements as appropriate for further consideration by the full Board. Public comments are generally most useful at meetings of Board committees, where proposals are first considered and the time for interaction most feasible.
- To facilitate an orderly process, appearance requests must be registered on a Board-provided form and submitted to the Board’s Parliamentarian at least 45 minutes before the meeting is scheduled to be called to order. To be recognized, the appearance request will include the name, address and position of the individual wishing to speak, the name of the organization or group represented, a concise summary of the presentation, and whether the requestor has appeared earlier on the topic before any other meeting of the Board. The Parliamentarian may confer with registered speakers to cooperatively assist the Chair of the meeting in assuring coordinated issue presentation and an efficient use of allocated time. The Parliamentarian will acquaint requestors with the generally acceptable rules of decorum for their presentations. In lieu of oral presentations, individuals may present brief written materials not to exceed five (5) pages to the Parliamentarian for distribution and consideration by the Board in advance of the meeting.
- The Chair of the meeting will recognize duly registered individuals at the appropriate point during the meeting. Unduly repetitive comments may be discouraged and restricted by the Chair. To assure an orderly and timely meeting the Chair may limit time allotments to five minutes or less, may delay or defer appearances when appropriate, and defer or refer questions received from presenters for answers if available.
Public Notice Prepared by: Board of Trustees Parliamentarian
Time of Posting: Original, at least 48 hours in advance of announced meeting
Places of Posted Meeting Notice: President's Office, Altgeld Hall 300, and Holmes Student Center