Participating in a Blackboard Collaborate Session
With Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, Students and faculty can meet virtually online, yet engage and interact as if they were in a traditional classroom. You will feel like you are in the same room with your classmates and faculty with advanced web conferencing features such as two-way audio, multi-point video, interactive whiteboard, application and desktop sharing, breakout rooms, and session recording. These tools are at your fingertips and easy to use.
Blackboard Collaborate is also a great tool for hosting club meetings or creating a collaborative workspace for members of your community.
Tips on Participating in a Session
- Find a comfortable place with no distractions.
- Before your first session visit Blackboard Collaborate Help and click on Start Here with the Basics.
- Plug in your webcam and microphone, if they are not built into your computer. For best results, use headphones with a built-in microphone.
- Watch the Interface Tour video below, and explore the Tutorials and Quick Guides to the right
- Be sure to join the session 5 – 10 minutes prior to the start.
- Setup your audio and video when you first join a session.
- Call into the session via telephone if your audio is not working well.
- Participate in the session by responding to polls and providing feedback to the moderator.
- Raise your hand by clicking the hand icon when you have a question or a comment.
- Use Chat to send text messages to other participants and the moderator during the session.
- Remember that running other applications on your computer can slow your connection to the session.
Participate from a Mobile Device
You can participate in a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session directly from your mobile device (Apple, Android, or Windows) with the free Bb Student app. Within the app, you are able to fully interact during the session:
- Join live classes or meetings
- Share audio and video
- Interact via text chat
- View content shared by the instructor
- Use whiteboard tools
- Use emoticons, hand raising, polls, breakout rooms
When participating from a mobile device, you will have the best experience over Wi-Fi. Devices running operating systems prior to iOS 8.4 and Android 4.4 can experience rapid battery drain, so it is recommended that you are fully charged or plugged in.
Last updated: 8/26/2016