Scheduled Blackboard Outage: May 24-25, 2014
A significant upgrade is scheduled to be performed to the Blackboard Learn System over Memorial Day Weekend. The upgrade will begin at 5:00 AM on Saturday, May 24, 2014 and will complete by 5:00 AM on Sunday, May 25, 2014. The Blackboard Learn System (http://webcourses.niu.edu) will be UNAVAILABLE during this time.
The latest version of Blackboard Learn, 9.1 Service Pack 14 (SP14), will introduce several new exciting features, including:
- Quick Links: Improved navigation experience for keyboard-only users.
- Date Management: Seamlessly "shift" content and dates in a course following a course copy.
- Achievements: Add excitement and recognition to courses by offering badges and certificates for course progress.
- Test Exceptions: Use Text Exceptions to define customized delivery settings for specific students or groups, such as number of attempts, timer, auto submit, etc.
- Group Management - Enhancement: Easily manage multiple groups, create Grade Center Smart Views, and more.
- Inline Assignment Grading - Enhancement: Grading just got even easier with new full screen mode. Inline grading is now also available for Blogs, Journals, and Discussion Boards..
- Grade Center - Enhancement: Adjust total points possible for a test, use values greater than 100% for grading schemas, and more.
- My Grades - Enhancement: New inline feedback and custom re-ordering options for students.
- Course Message Notification: Course messaging notifications are now integrated into Notification Dashboard and My Blackboard.
- Blackboard Collaborate - Enhancement: Schedule sessions with simplified settings or use permanent rooms for each course and faculty/instructor
To learn more about the upcoming features, please visit www.niu.edu/blackboard/upgrade