Scheduled Blackboard Outage - Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Date posted: 4/20/2012
A significant upgrade is scheduled to be performed to the Blackboard Learn System over Memorial Day weekend. The upgrade will begin at 7:00 AM on Saturday, May 26th, 2012, and will complete by 7 AM on Monday, May 28th, 2012. The Blackboard Learn System (http://webcourses.niu.edu) will be UNAVAILABLE during this time.
The latest version of Blackboard Learn, 9.1 Service Pack 8 (SP8), will deliver a new interface more in-line with today's web 2.0 experience. The result will be a cleaner, less cluttered, and more contemporary user experience.
Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP8 will introduce several new exciting features, including:
- Course-to-Course Navigation: Easily navigate from one course to another with one click.
- Course Structures: Choose from a wide variety of pre-built course structures (number of content areas, menu layout, etc) to match the pedagogical needs of your course.
- Course Themes: Personalize the look and feel of your course. A wide list of themes will be available.
- Negative Marking: Allows the use of negative point values for incorrect answers on Assessment questions.
- Automated Regrading: Change a Test question, and have Blackboard automatically recalculate the score for all submissions affected by the change.
To learn more about the upcoming features, please visit www.niu.edu/blackboard/upgrade.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 815-753-8100 or email@example.com.