2012 Blackboard Catalyst Awards
Date posted: 11/11/2011
The time is nearing for the 2012 Blackboard Catalyst Awards submission period and Blackboard has announced an update on the Blackboard Catalyst Awards, including the Exemplary Course Program. Several aspects of the program have changed for this year’s award season in hopes of making the program more streamlined and easier to participate. Each year, Blackboard seeks to recognize and promote industry best practices and invites submissions for programs or courses that are believed to be truly exemplary.
With the Blackboard Catalyst Awards, Blackboard honors those who push the boundaries of their educational programs and technology in order to deliver innovative and effective learning experiences. This year, Blackboard will recognize innovators in the following categories: Community Collaboration, Exemplary Courses, Innovative Development, Mobile Innovation, Staff Development and a new category – Communications Strategy. Check out the full award categories at blackboard.com/catalyst.
Submitting your program or course to the Catalyst Awards has many benefits, including:
- Develop a fresh perspective by seeing how other institutions are implementing industry best practices
- Learn course design best practices to improve the engagement, collaboration, assessment and learner support within your own courses or courses you help develop
- Gain peer, institution, and industry recognition for your accomplishments and participation in the program
The Blackboard Catalyst Awards team has developed a more streamlined timeline for all of the Catalyst Awards. To give you an idea of the new timeline, we have highlighted some important dates below:
- December 1: Program is Open for Submissions
- December 1: Call for Reviewers, ECP only
- February 29: Submission Deadline
- March 15 – April 7: Peer Review Period
- Early May: Winners selected for all categories
To stay up-to-date on all things related to the Catalyst Awards, ‘Like’ the Blackboard Catalyst Awards Facebook page!
Please take a look at the ‘Blackboard Catalyst Awards Study Guide’ that has been created to help prepare for a Catalyst Award submission.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org