Blackboard Scholar Bookmarking Service to be Discontinued 12/31/2011
Date posted: 10/10/2011
The Blackboard Scholar social bookmarking service will be discontinued after the Fall semester and will no longer be accessible after December 31st, 2011. To retain access to your Scholar bookmarks, you should export your bookmarks from the Scholar system before December 31st.
- Log in to Scholar. You can access Scholar by clicking on the Scholar tab in Blackboard Learn (http://webcourses.niu.edu).
- Click on Settings link in the upper right of the main screen.
- Click on Export Bookmarks.
- Select Export All My Bookmarks and click on the Export button.
- Your Scholar bookmarks, including the tag information, will be exported as an HTML file. This file can be imported into a browser to manage your bookmarks on your local computer or imported into some other social bookmarking services, like Delicious (http://www.delicious.com) or Diigo (http://www.diigo.com).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 815-753-8100 or email@example.com.