Blackboard Mobile Learn
Blackboard Mobile Learn takes interactive teaching and learning to the mobile device, giving students and teachers instant access to their courses, content, and communities anywhere. Blackboard Mobile Learn is a mobile app available currently on the iTunes App Store for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, as well as on the Google Play store for Android devices, and BlackBerry App World. Mobile Learn is also integrated within NIU's Mobile App.
Getting started with Blackboard Mobile Learn
Simply download the application and install on your device. The Blackboard Mobile Learn application can be downloaded from the following locations:
- Google Play store for Android devices
- BlackBerry App World
- iTunes App Store for iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
Then, after launching the app on your device, search for "Northern Illinois University" and enter your NIU AccountID and password to securely login and begin accessing your Blackboard courses.
Demos and feature overviews
Features and limitations of Blackboard Mobile Learn
While the app does offer a native environment for accessing Blackboard course content on a mobile device, the underlying technology of whichever mobile device being used may limit the Blackboard features that can be accessed from the app. The following features likely will not work properly when accessed from the app and therefore should only be used when accessing from a full browser on a computer:
- adding new content to a course
- building tests, quizzes, and surveys
- submitting tests, quizzes, and surveys
- submitting assignments
- grading assignments
- adjusting Grade Center options
- participating in chat or synchronous sessions via Blackboard Collaborate (unless the Mobile Collaborate app is installed)
- viewing any Flash-based instructional content or movies
As Blackboard Mobile Learn apps for additional mobile platforms are announced and made available, details will be updated here.
Last Updated: 05/01/2015