There are two ways that users are added to Blackboard courses. Once a faculty member requests a scheduled section, registered students will automatically be added to the Blackboard course; updates to the roster will appear daily. Faculty members can manually add additional users to a course through the Control Panel.
To enroll users manually:
Note: If you know the Z- or A-ID of the person to be enrolled, Steps 5 and 6 can be omitted.
- After accessing your course, from the Control Panel, click Users and Groups
- Select Users
- On the adjacent page, click the Find Users to Enroll button
- On the following page, if the Username of the user is known, enter it in the textbox and proceed to Step 7; otherwise, click Browse
- If you clicked Browse, search for users by Username, First Name, Last Name, or NIU Email and click Go
- Click Submit after user is located
- On the Add Enrollments page, select the appropriate Role
- Click the Submit button when finished
To see or modify a list of students enrolled in your course:
- In the Control Panel under Users and Groups, click Users
- Click on the action link menu next to the username
- Select "Change User's Role in Course"
- On the next page, select the new role the user should have by checking the radio button to the left of the role
- Click the Submit button
For an explanation of the various roles in Blackboard, click here.
Last Updated: 09/09/2011