- Teaching with Blackboard
- Blackboard Frequently Asked Questions
- Grades, Excluding Individual Record
Blackboard Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Blackboard FAQ: Grades, Excluding Individual Record
I want to excuse a student from an assignment because he was allowed to join the class late. How do I do this in the Grade Center?
Yes, you can do that using the Exempt Grade feature. The exempting of an individual grade can be useful in situations, like where you would like to drop a low quiz/test score or you do not want to include a particular grade when calculating the student’s total score.
From the Control Panel, enter the Grade Center (select the Full Grade Center option). Go to the column of the item in question and click on the individual cell (i.e. grade) that you want to exempt; then click on the double downward pointing arrows that appear. From the drop-down menu, click the Exempt Grade option.
You will now find that the area that contained the grade will show a small blue square in its place. The student will also see the same icon in place of a grade when he/she checks the grade in the Grade Center.
Note: If later on you want to undo this process and enter a grade for that cell, you can repeat the above process -- this time, though, from the drop-down menu, click the Clear Exemption option. The cell will now no longer show the blue square and you can then enter a grade into that cell.
Last Updated: 04/26/2016
- Tips for Starting the Semester with Blackboard
- Tips for Ending the Semester with Blackboard
- Timesaving Tips Using the Blackboard Grade Center
- Tips for Assessing Student Learning Using Blackboard
- Tips for Communicating Effectively Using Blackboard
- Tips for Preventing Online Cheating
- Copyright Basics for the Academic Classroom
- HTML Tags