Blackboard Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Blackboard FAQ: Grades, Set External
One of the columns of the Grade Center has to be designated as the External Grade column. By default, this column is the Total column and it is marked by a green check mark to the left of the column name. At NIU, the External Grade column can be used to send student grades from Blackboard to MyNIU using the Grade Submission Tool. The Grade Center allows faculty to execute complex grade calculations, and there might be times when a different column needs to be set as the external Grade column.
If you wish to designate a different column as the External Grade Column, follow these steps:
- Click the action link for the column that is to be desingated as the External Grade Column
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select Set as External Grade
Once these steps have been completed, the green check mark will be assigned to this column, confirming that it is the External Grade column.
Last Updated: 12/05/2016
- Tips for Starting the Semester with Blackboard
- Tips for Ending the Semester with Blackboard
- Timesaving Tips Using the Blackboard Grade Center
- Tips for Assessing Student Learning Using Blackboard
- Tips for Communicating Effectively Using Blackboard
- Tips for Preventing Online Cheating
- Copyright Basics for the Academic Classroom
- HTML Tags