Blackboard Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Blackboard FAQ: Grades, Dropping Scores
In order for a lowest score or scores to be dropped from a student's grades, you must create a Category in the Grade Center for the assessments that will be dropped. For more information on Grade Center Categories, please click here.
- From the Grade Center, edit or create a Total or Weighted Column. One of each is included by default in the Grade Center. To edit the column, click the round drop down arrow next to the column name.
- In the Selected Columns section, select each category (predetermined by the faculty member) that will have assignments dropped and move to the Selected Columns box by clicking the bottom right-pointing arrow
- In the Selected Columns box, enter the number of grades to be dropped from that category
- Select the remaining assessments in the Columns to Select box and move to the right by clicking the top right-pointing arrow. Note: Do not include the columns associated with a selected category, as this will include the ponts twice in the Total calculation
- Click Submit when finished
Last Updated: 04/26/2016