No, the exported course can only be viewed by reloading it to Blackboard.
To load an exported or archived course, use the Import Package feature.
- In the Control Panel, click Packages and Utilities
- Click Import Package/View Logs
- Click the Browse button and select the zip file of the archived or exported course to be imported
- Click the checkbox next to any course materials that should be imported
- Click the Submit button
No, only the sections listed on the Export page will be included.
No, only the structure of the groups (group names, settings, discussion forums) will be exported.
To export a Blackboard course:
- In the course that you'd like to export, click "Packages and Utilities" from within the Control Panel, then click "Export/Archive Course"
- Click the "Export Package" button
- Under the Course Files Default Directory, leave the default "Copy links and include copies of the files in the course default directory" selected
- Under "Select Course Materials" check the boxes for all the materials and tool settings you'd like to Export. It is recommended to check all the boxes, even if you didn't use some of the tools in your course, so that you have a complete Export.
- Click "Submit"
This will cue the export process. Once the export is ready for you to download, you will receive an email. Once you receive the email, you'll need to go back to the course you are exporting to the "Packages and Utilities > Export/Archive Course" area and then click on the link of the export file that is displayed and save the file to your computer.
Last Updated: 11/02/2016
- Tips for Starting the Semester with Blackboard
- Tips for Ending the Semester with Blackboard
- Timesaving Tips Using the Blackboard Grade Center
- Tips for Assessing Student Learning Using Blackboard
- Tips for Communicating Effectively Using Blackboard
- Tips for Preventing Online Cheating
- Copyright Basics for the Academic Classroom
- HTML Tags